What We Do
ConnectAbility Australia believes every person is entitled to the best life possible. We treat each person as an individual and understand and acknowledge that you come to us with a history and a desired future. ConnectAbility welcomes all people whatever your dreams, aspirations and goals might be.
We want participants to enjoy a brighter and more enjoyable environment.
ConnectAbility, from Warabrook, delivers a participant-centred model that supports people with disabilities to live the life that they want. We provide a broad range of personalised supports to approximately 200 people, ranging in age from 7 to 85 with both physical and intellectual disabilities. ConnectAbility participants reside throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland and other Lower Hunter local government areas.
Current activities include;
- further education and training
- volunteer work
- community and social participation.
ConnectAbility can also assist you with in-home personal care and domestic assistance. ConnectAbility services include;
- personal hygiene and domestic assistance
- shopping and meal preparation
- assistance with medication management
- social supports and respite care both in-home and in the community.
We look at creating meaningful relationships and true inclusion for people within the community.
Through Jesmond we offer;
- hall hire at our Jesmond and Silveridge centres
- attend a playgroup, school vacation programs or social groups.
- We also offer a friendship group where older community members are able to gather on a Friday for lunch and entertainment or travel to the community.
- Older people are also able to access in home supports through basic domestic assistance and transport assistance to access appointments and shopping.
- Jesmond also has trained Adolescent and family counsellors on site that can assist young people 9 to 18 years and their families with a variety of issues.
ConnectAbility values all our partners who support us to support local people within their communities. We actively seek community and corporate supports and partners to further enhance opportunities and outcomes and would love to hear from anyone who may be able to assist in making a difference for a local person.
ConnectAbility Australia is a not for profit incorporated association and is registered as a gift deductible recipient with tax charity concessions. We are governed by a Board consisting of volunteer community and consumer representatives.