Located in the heart of Erina, on the Central Coast, on Karalta Lane, ConnectAbility Central Coast provides a range of services for aged, disability and supported independent living on the Central Coast
Our Services on the Central Coast
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
ConnectAbility Australia offers a wide range on supported independent living services, tailored to meet our client’s individual levels of support required. Working closely to your needs, our staff can assist with many areas of your life, including socialising and meeting new people, holidays, and helping you take part in your hobbies and interests.
Disabilities and Group Home
We have a range of homes in our communities, and shared accommodation can be funded under the NDIS, which would see you living with people who have similar personalities and needs as yourself, and are supported daily by our highly trained staff members. As all individuals are unique the NDIS has 3 levels of support on offer.
1. Lower needs – this isn’t usually 24/7 and includes supervision of living arrangements
2. Standard needs – 24/7 support, which includes assistance and supervision on most daily tasks, and support workers staying overnight.
3. Higher needs – 24/7 active support, with overnight stays, includes frequent assistance with managing behaviours that require positive behaviour support, and assistance with daily tasks.
Support can be offered 24/7 and includes:
- Help managing money and household budgeting
- Assistance with cooking
- Assistance with cleaning and laundry
- Help catching public transport to visit friends and family
- Personal care such as showering and dressing
- Support shopping
- Assistance with daily skills
Aged Care Support on the Central Coast
Aging is a stage in life that everyone faces, ConnectAbility can offer support for those people who would like to continue living independently in their own homes and community for as long as possible.
How ConnectAbility can support you to live your life your way
Friendship Groups – Do you enjoy connecting with new people and reconnecting with old friends through our services? Friends are an important part of our lives at any ages and it’s never too late to make new ones.
Transport – Want to get out but you don’t have the transport means? ConnectAbility can help assist with just this problem. From a doctor’s appointment to your weekly shopping we can arrange this for you.
Personal Shopping Assistance – Has the weekly shopping become a chore you just don’t want to do or one you require help with? We offer shopping assistance, which involves taking our clients out to do their weekly shopping, if this task is too physical for you, we are more than happy to complete the shopping on your behalf from your shopping list.
Domestic Assistance – This service is not designed to complete the tasks you are capable of but to help in the areas which are now becoming a harder, working together to make sure you keep your independence but have assistance where needed.
ConnectAbility domestic assistance service includes:
- Household cleaning
- Washing and ironing clothes
- Helping with shopping
- Changing bed linen
- Paying bills
- Preparation of meals
Access Aged Care Information and Services
If you are considering aged care options for yourself or a family member, ConnectAbility can assist in locating the right information and services
Our Aged Care Advisory services can include:
- Aged Care Assessments (ACAT)
- Home Care and assistance
- Government funding
- Financial Advice/Asset and income testing
- Respite care
- Day centres
- Residential aged care
- Help accessing community services and support groups
- Navigating through the ‘My Aged Care’ website
Central Coast Disability Service Provider
Life Skills Development
ConnectAbility will help provide support to develop your daily life skills, while building confidence and independence. Developing these daily living and life skills can really help you to live a more fulfilled life and can be done as an individual or in groups, which will help with your social skills and levels of communication.
We have years of experience providing these services to individuals who have a disability, and we appreciate that there are unique challenges faced by people with a disability in relation to personal and interpersonal skill levels, some of the support we can provide is listed below.
- Personal hygiene: such as showering, toileting, and personal care
- Nutrition: such as shopping for groceries and planning and preparing healthy meals
- Maintaining cleanliness in your home: such as housework, laundering of clothes, and addressing maintenance issues or repairs
- Communicating with service providers and support networks
- Transport and travel: such as planning your journey, accessing public transport, and trouble‐shooting issues.
NDIS Coordination of Support
ConnectAbility is registered through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and can provide coordination of support, we can help the initial NDIS assessment, finding the right providers that meet your needs, and help make sure your NDIS funding is spent in the areas that you value the most.