ConnectAbility has been assisting a person residing in a privately owned residence in the Lake Macquarie suburb of Speers Point. There are currently two vacancies for this property. The current resident moved into the property in May 2018 and has been residing by herself since taking residence. The property is staffed 24 hours a day 7 days per week and has a sleepover model. One vacancy is set for occupation immediately.
ABOUT THIS RESIDENCE
- A three share stand-alone house split over two levels. The residence has been recently fully renovated by the owner including kitchen, bathroom and flooring throughout the house.
- The ground floor has a spacious open plan dining and lounge area, large bathroom and three bedrooms.
- The house has a large surrounding backyard with a covered entertaining/sitting area.
- Located on a sloping block, in a quiet cul de sac street. It is close to the main street of Speers Point, its shops and other local businesses and library, and a short walk to Speers Point Park and surrounding lake foreshore area. There are two small steps leading to a front patio and front entrance to the house.
- Laundry is located at the rear of the property that is accessible via a set of stairs.
- The house has floorboards throughout, a big communal dining table, outdoor entertaining area and ducted air-conditioning
- Bedroom 1 fully furnished and occupied by current resident who has current NDIS SIL funding
- Bedroom 2 and 3 are spacious and unfurnished with walk in robes. Both bedrooms have new carpet and freshly painted throughout.
- The second floor is staff access only.
The residence is not wheelchair friendly and would be more suitable to those with no mobility issues.
Current resident overview
- Current one female resident aged 47yrs.
- The resident has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder Level 2 and has a Moderate Intellectual Disability.
- Existing resident has verbal communication skills and enjoys listening to music and spending time reading magazines and completing puzzle books at home.
- The resident has spent a length of time living by herself with 24/7 supports in place.
Both vacancies are best suited to females aged between 35-55 yrs of age.